Jeroen

Geoff Wood wrote:

"JW" wrote in message
Btw, I found another solution to my problem: an external soundcard. You
can
buy USB soundcards with line and mic inputs. I'm not all too excited
about sending audio over a USB cable, since a steady throughput is not
guaranteed
100%, but it is worth a try I guess. Especially since all I hear is:
mic-in
is crappy on most computers.

My M-Audio transit sucessfully sends or reeives 2 channels on USB1 at
24bit/96K, and does 2 channels both ways at 24bit/48K. Reliably,
repeatably.

I've spotted this one too. However the "McGriffin IMic" is 50% cheaper,
because it doesn't offer the digital and optical inputs I don't need.

best,
Jeroen