Laurence Payne

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:21:41 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

http://www.epanorama.net/links/pc_sound.html

Which of the many links there do you recommend? I rather liked:

"a mic input jack (with a 1/8" stereo minijack). Here's what you
should do with this: nothing. It's not meant for music mics at all.
It's designed specifically for computer mics. The fact that it has 3
connections should give you a hint that there's something weird about
this jack. Pretend it's not there and don't plug a thing into it,
especially a microphone! One guy who wrote to me was tearing his hair
out in frustration because his recorded sound was so distorted; it
turned out he was recording through his computer mic that he forgot
was plugged in there..."
from:
http://www.homerecording.com/sound_card_basics.html