Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] smartbargain@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Restoring a Sherwood S-5000

On Friday, October 10, 2014 at 3:02:00 PM UTC-5, hugeshows wrote:
On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:49:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
"C24/B - 250v 204v"

Hi, did you figure out why you measured 46v below what the schematic reads?

Sorry if I missed the explanation but I only see how you resolved the bias voltage supply.

Cheers!

Sorry folks, haven't checked in here in a while. I'll take another look this weekend and see if I can answer some of these questions.

Cheers!

Hello. This is a great write up on the 5000. I just picked up one of these on Eaby. Its the S-5000 20 + 20 Stereo Amplifier. Its the unit that has the 4 pushbuttons on the left front panel for phone manipulation. The tube compliments are 5 Sovtek 12AX7(1208), 2 RCA 7199, I cant make out what the output tubes are as the ink has been worn off but what is left of the lettering is 6BQ5 and 065-090 and the word organ. I would like to know if I should replace the phone tubes(the two at the far left) with something else, I primarily listen to the phone input. Also would I benefit from different 7199's or output tubes. Much thanks for your advise.