Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default What's with all these new SIXohm Stereo Speakers coming out?!

On 7/12/2014 2:44 a.m., wrote:
On Friday, December 5, 2014 11:10:29 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 5/12/2014 12:00 p.m., .com wrote:
geoff wrote: "On 2/12/2014 2:19 a.m., wrote:
geoff: My 1995 JVC receiver specifies 8-16ohms. Guess that's an oldie then!

Certainly pandering to people from a different era. Probably said that
to avoid tech-support calls from the elderly. Doubt there have been any
(domestic hifi) speakers sold since mid-70s that spec at 16 ohms !

geoff"

My dB Plus 880s are speced 8ohms. Not all that outlandish.

Read again .

geoff

Read what again, geoff? I'm not psychic.

Or good at readingf comprehension, it seems!

"16 ohms". SIXTEEN !

Seen any in the last 40 years ?

geoff