Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default My stereo chassis live?

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in message
I have a stereo separates, Cambridge Audio, which were bought brand new
last year, and I get "tickling" when I touch any metal part of the
turntable. I have the project debut III, the CA 340 A SE (amp), 340 T
(tuner), 340 C (cd) and 540 PP (phono preamp). All stereo comp are plugged
in earthed receptacles. The earth is ok. I have personally changed all
receptacles, switches, circuit breakers etc, 6 years ago. The preamp and
phono are supplied with walwarts (low voltage). I have no sound problems,
all is well except this phantom voltage. BTW, my stereo is plugged in a
receptacle that has a dedicated pigtail (?) with its own 16 A circuit
breaker (230 V).

TIA,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Sometimes a brushed aluminum surface will tickle like an electrical charge
when none is present. Old Marantz receivers are somewhat noted for this.

Do these pieces have brushed metal?

Mark Z.