Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Default My stereo chassis live?

I have a stereo separates, Cambridge Audio, which were bought brand new last
year, and I get "tickling" when I touch any metal part of the turntable. I
have the project debut III, the CA 340 A SE (amp), 340 T (tuner), 340 C (cd)
and 540 PP (phono preamp). All stereo comp are plugged in earthed
receptacles. The earth is ok. I have personally changed all receptacles,
switches, circuit breakers etc, 6 years ago. The preamp and phono are
supplied with walwarts (low voltage). I have no sound problems, all is well
except this phantom voltage. BTW, my stereo is plugged in a receptacle that
has a dedicated pigtail (?) with its own 16 A circuit breaker (230 V).

TIA,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering