Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.audio.misc
EXT EXT is offline

Default Cannot program Onkyo Receiver with Direct TV remote -- Help !

James no wrote:
I have a Direct TV system, and an Onkyo Receiver. I run the audio
through my stereo system.

I am trying to program my Direct TV remote, so that I can adjust the
tv volume, by adjusting the volume on the Onkyo receiver.

I go through all the steps..... selecting AV1 and using the AV1 Mode
while programming. I enter the code for my Onkyo receiver, and then
I press the Power button to see if the receiver reacts. The
receiver DOES react by shutting off. At this point, my
understanding is that I have programmed my Direct TV remote to also
control my Onkyo Receiver.
Unfortunately, even after the Onkyo stereo shuts off, my Direct Tv
remote still does not control the Onkyo unit.

Can anyone help me with this please ??

I thank anyone that can help me on this.

James

Entering a code number is not programming a remote for your equipment, it is
accessing a file in the remote's database. This file may or may not be
complete, most times it is not, and often the database is out of date. If
your remote is older and the equipment is newer the equipment manufacturer
may have used some different codes that the remote does not contain.

You may find a more knowledgable group on
WWW.RemoteCentral.com.