Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,rec.audio.misc

Default creating an electromagnet using my Amp / AC signal tia sal22

"Rick T"

I have a pt1100 amp with an impedance of 8 ohms rated at about (1000
watts output power)

** That is not any kind of 1000 watt amp.

It is PILE OF **** that retails for $89.

and a toroidal electromagnet with the resistance
of about 1 ohm. I'm doing an experiment with AC signals, audio and
toroidal coils. I'm trying to see how much I can increase the
magnetism inside the toroidal coil basically a donut electromagnet
using AC signals.

** Insanity.

The problem I'm having is after I play the signal with about an 1 amp
running through the wire the internal circuit breaker in the pt1100
amp gets tripped.

** Duuhhh !!

Amazing it has not yet blown up.

Please not that the goal is to get as much current to flow though the
wires of the toroidal coil as possible to create an electromagnet
without tripping the internal circuit breaker of the amp.

** Insanity.

And also I can't use DC at this point.

** Be of no help with toroid.

...... Phil