Detector195

Default Question on the Type of Wood Used in Speaker Construction and Effect on Sound

(Chu Gai) wrote in message . com...

and the rear.. I once made a xylephone from different species of wood,
the keys all the same size as an experiment. 5 octaves were covered
just from locally growing trees.

I looked up the properties of different woods in the CRC Handbook of
Chemistry and Physics. There is a fair amount of variation in density
and Young's modulus, but not enough to account for 5 octaves. And if
the keys are made out of wood, it's called a marimba.

If you look at speakerbuilding from another angle, the anthropological
veiw, we see that as forests shrank and skilled labor was replaced

Ah, the anthropological view. Of course.