Posted to rec.audio.car
Sonoman Sonoman is offline

Default Recommendation please

Hello everyone,
I recently had my car stolen and soon I should be able to get another car.
This time I want to be able to protect it a little better. I want to get a
GPS tracking system and I know that many of the installers here may have
expereince with some of them. Can anyone please recommend a good GPS
tracking system? I am also open to alternatives to keep my car safe.

I am not considering the club and the like since I have seen on TV how easy
these are to disable. A garage is not an option, too much money to get one
in South Florida. My Clifford alarm was totally useless, the thieves were
able to disble it without making a sound. I could leave my wife in the car
at night to yell at the thieves, but then, who will keep me warm at night?
You see? I am running out of options, please help.

An to throw in the car stereo part so nobody flames me (please don't) this
is what the thieves got from me:

Alpine CDA 8915 - I think this is the model number, this is the one with the
face that tilts and the blue lights, very nice unit.
Alpine CHA XX12 - The last 12 CD changer Alpine made
TWO Xtant 603x's - this are the ones that hurt the most
Boston Pro's 6 1/2 up front
Boston Pros's 5 1/4 in the rear
TWO Boston Pro 12" subs

Any help on the security/gps system will be greatly appreciated.