Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

Default A/B switch

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 05:31:52 -0700, "DS" wrote:

I have two equalizers that I want to share (one at a time) the same tape
monitor on my home stereo amp. In searching for an A/B switch, I'm only
finding switches designed for component video with Y,Pb,Pr RCA jacks. Will
this work using them for left & right channels? Even if it works will the
specs of video in/out compromise my home stereo sound quality? For example
see: www.ramelectronics.net/html/kd-sw2x1.htm

That seems incredibly expensive for the job. Why not just swap the
cables? Added advantage, those nasty cheap rca jacks willk at least
keep nice and clean!

If you're really interested in comparing different eq settings, why
not move up from the home hi-fi world and get a digital eq box with
storable presets.

Also consider the possibility that whatever problem you're trying to
compensate for may not be solvable by a static eq curve. Speaker
choice, positioning and room treatment may be more useful tools.