Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default trying to match my voice to existing recording with Audacity

On 3/19/2019 10:16 AM, JBI wrote:
I thought it would be simple, but I'm finding it very difficult to match
her vocal.Â* I did try cutting and changing with time stretching, but I
have to do this way too much.

It's hard, but professionals are so good at it that it looks easy. I
remember as a kid seeing Liberace in a movie, playing the piano, and then
I sat down at a piano expecting music to come out of it but when came out
was less than musical. After a decade of practice I found I could make
something vaguely musical but still not as effortlessly as Liberace...