Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Sony Mex-1GP

BTW, what I said also goes for why we haven't seen more HU's with built in
HD's which, again, seems like a PERFECT and logical feature for a car's head
unit.

I just can't help thinking dark forces (Apple) are involved. I mean, SO
MANY people buy and use their iPods for their cars (many people ONLY use it
in their cars). Beyond that, Apple (AND other manufacturers) make a bundle
on iPod integration products for the car. Built in HD's and large capacity
(5+ gigs) flash memory ports would render the iPod (and iPod integration
accessories) obsolete (at least in the car), and that would not make Apple
very happy.

It kind of reminds me of when pocket calculators were new (yes, I'm old
enough to remember that). At first they were rather large, and pretty
expensive. But in an INCREDIBLY short amount of time, calculators became
amazingly ubiquitous. They would give them away at bank openings. Things,
all of a sudden, had built in calculators whether it was useful or not.
They got really, really cheap and really, really small. We even had
calculators on our wrist watches, and they were DIRT CHEAP.

My point is I wonder if Apple is trying to hold on to a technological point
in time, like when the calculator was brand new.

MOSFET