Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Sony Mex-1GP

.. A
flip-down faceplate with a full-depth card slot behind it would be cool

too (so
the slots are hidden normally, and the card not sticking out when in use).

I agree Matt. That, to me, is the IDEAL route (a HU that accepts flash
memory cards). Why we don't see more HU's with this feature is a TOTAL
mystery.

But, again, I wonder if there is pressure from Apple, perhaps, to NOT
incorporate these things and in return, Apple will make it's iPod's
compatible with certain manufacturer's HU's (so the iPod controls can be
activated from the HU). Or, I wonder, if there is pressure from the
recording industry on HU manufacturers (I can certainly imagine a day when
tiny cards, like the SD, will replace discs). I know, this all seems rather
"conspiracy theory"-ish, but it's such an INCREDIBLY logical feature I just
CAN'T HELP but wonder if there's something "going on".

As I said in the previous post, the trouble with the Sony Mex-1GP is that
next year they will probably be selling the Mex-3GP for the same price (and
the year after that, the Mex-5GP). With an SD card slot, however, your HU
is "future proof".

It's OBVIOUSLY the future of HU's, yet NONE OF THE BIG MANUFACTURERS ARE
EMBRACING IT!!! What the heck is going on?

MOSFET