Harry Lavo

"Codifus" wrote in message
Harry Lavo wrote:

"Moe" wrote in message

Maybe a bit off topic, but I totally forgot what a pain scratches are on
vinyl. CD's have gotten us used to zero scratch sounds. I was listening
to an LP the other day and couldn't get my head around all the ticks and
pops and this one was in pretty good condition.

So, even if you remove the audio quality argument for now, scratching
vinyl even with very expensive turntables/stylus/arm -- is a serious
issue we tend to forget today in the age of compact discs.

Scratchy vinyl can be greatly reduced, in some cases even eliminated,

with
careful record cleaning, future care to brush dust before every play,

and a
line contact stylus. However, this is too much work for some people and

the
convenience of CD is certainly real.

C'mon. It's too much work.....period. You spend 20-30 minutes cleaning a
record which you will play for 20-30 minutes? Actually, that would makes
sense, if, when you play the record, you record and burn a CDR of that
playback session

First, it takes more like 10 mins to clean the first time; after that about
10 secs. each time you play it. For those of us who like our records, its a
small price to pay.