Chung

Moe wrote:
Maybe a bit off topic, but I totally forgot what a pain scratches are

on
vinyl. CD's have gotten us used to zero scratch sounds. I was

listening
to an LP the other day and couldn't get my head around all the ticks

and
pops and this one was in pretty good condition.

So, even if you remove the audio quality argument for now, scratching

vinyl even with very expensive turntables/stylus/arm -- is a serious
issue we tend to forget today in the age of compact discs.

I have a few scratched-up LPs that I still absolutely love. DSOTM
without surface noise is unnatural.

bob

For me, "Too Late Now" by Carole King without pops, clicks and surface
noise is a different song... .