Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default long tail pair grounded grid question?

MarkX wrote:
On Aug 24, 8:14�pm, MarkX wrote:
On Aug 24, 7:07 am, MarkX wrote:

I am a hobby guitar tube amp builder and student of circuit analysis
for tube guitar amps.I need some help with the reason for the
capacitor to ground from the grid of the grounded grid part of the
long tail pair inverter.I have studied quite a bit, but since I don't
work with it regularly I will need a clear explanation,more than one
sentence and not on the level of an electronic engineer.I couldn't
design a long tail pair, but I probably understand about 90% of its
basic functioning. Thanks

Thanks for all the excellent answers.That is exactly what I was hoping
for.All were clear and not something out of Radio Designers Handbook,
4th.I was asking about a LTP without neg.feedback.I'll be back with
another question about the neg feedback and will reference a circuit
that can be seen at a website. �MarkX

If you put a sine wave where it belongs on the 1st section, could you
see a sine wave across the capacitor that gives the grounded grid 2nd
section it's AC ground?

No, because it is grounded for ac so there will be (almost) no signal
across it.

Cheers

Ian