Mark D. Zacharias

Default Marantz CC-38 problem - can't play more than first 30 sec of CD

Well, I was going to suggest a feed problem, perhaps a cracked gear, but
then I saw that it doesn't even recognize subsequent discs. Most Marantz CD
players are Philips-sourced. The pickup, disc and sled motors are replaced
as a complete unit. Not too expensive, really. Now if you were only a
technician.....

Mark Z.

"rm265" wrote in message
m...
I just started having a problem with my Marantz CC-38 5 disc CD player
... I've had it for about 4 years with literally no issues or skipping
until now. But now, when I play a CD it plays no more than the first
30 sec of the first track, then just gets stuck and plays nothing. If
I skip to the next track, I'll either hear the first few seconds
before the same thing happens, or it won't start the track. Either
way, after a few seconds, it skips to the next disc. It doesn't
recognize that disc, skips to the next one, which it also doesn't
recognize, etc etc.

A few minutes before this started happening, the CD player skipped a
few times - which makes me think there might be something blocking the
laser. Anyone experience this before? Any ideas on how I might be
able to fix it?

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated - thanks!