Posted to rec.audio.high-end
kappclark kappclark is offline

Default $100 Sony HD tuner blows away classic tuners

I bought the Sony tuner, and it is far superior to my Yamaha T-80 ...

I always thought my tuner was a holy grail of sorts for FM, and I was
very happy with the analog performance.

BUt now, there is ZERO noise ... I am hearing background vocals much
more clearly now, and classical (in analog and especially in HD) is
much more detailed.

Dynamic range is better, but not CD-quality. I notice the signal to be
less compressed, and there is no fatigue.

All this for less than I paid for my stock Yamaha tuner off ebay ..

Bill Clark
Windham, VT

On Jul 8, 6:45*pm, wrote:
http://theaudiocritic.com/blog/

* *H"DRadioFM/AM DigitalTuner
* *SonyXDR-F1HD

* *This is a $100 (thats no typo)tunerthat blows away the classic super
* *tuners of McIntosh, Marantz, Sequerra, Accuphase, etc., according to
* *FM experts who know more than I do."

He referes to this in depth technical review:

http://ham-radio.com/k6sti/xdr-f1hd.htm