Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jack Jarmush Jack Jarmush is offline

Default Roland AC90 for jazz guitar and vocals ?

On May 20, 4:49*pm, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Jack Jarmush wrote:
thanks for the info and link, i cant find LD products here in Paris so
far ... still looking tho. What do you think about their array
system? or the Bose L1 compact array system?

L1 is possibly good, but appears too costly, there have been comments to the
effect that while useful the electonics are not as clean sounding as they
shoud be.

I'm looking for
something i can carry on the metro with a trolly, i can carry a lot as
i do now (guitar,tenor sax,roland ac33 amp, mic stand, bag with cables
and pedals) but smaller and lighter is the ideal.

Such products exist, Behringer has at least one, and Yamaha has at least
two - 300 series and 500 series. This is yet another usenet thread where the
most important information supplementing the original question comes very
late. You could quite possibly have gotten way better info from the guys "in
the know" earlier by being up front with the portability requirement.

Perhaps 1 actice
speaker will work, i need to use it for guitra, vocals and sometimes a
little sax when it gets too loud in the room to play acousticaly.

My first thought is that we, the audience, are used to a guitar having its
own amp, small amps exist, I didn't check whether the one you have is such a
an amp, I know just about nothing about backline stuff but that Fender open
back is good and JBL 10, 12 or 15" is good and Traynor is a good bass top
with a D130 or a K140 in a suitable reflex box.

Take a close look&listen to Yamaha's small all-in-1-with 2 speaker systems.
LD's similar stuff, if any, may be ok but you DO need to try it before
buying and you DO need a local vendor in case of repair needs, so if it aint
got a local vendor, then get something that has.

* Kind regards

* Peter Larsen

thanks again for the info and advice, i'll go do some research
now ...

JJ