Posted to rec.audio.misc
student[_2_] student[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for a decent headphone between $100 ~ $150

On 2007-07-01, eric wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:03:14 -0700, ChrisCoaster, during a pipe dream
babbled:

Thanks guys. Another couple o' headsets I see consistently mentioned are
Sony's MDR-V6 and the -V600(updated looks?). Anyone here experience these
phones, have any opinions on them?

I had the V600, didn't like them, and would recommend against them. Flimsy
and poor sound. However the Sony Studio series is far better. The 7506 and
7509 are very good. Much better sound and build quality. Since they are
designed for studio use parts are more available too.

I use a pair of Sony 7509 at work because they are a closed design, and I
can crank them up without the sound leaking out. For home I have a set of
Sennheiser 590's. I think that the Senns are more detailed at the top
end (or maybe they are just brighter), but they are also a more expensive
headphone.

Have read that the v600 is degraded & quite different than the MDR-V6
which is the same as the 7506 (9?) without the higher price.`