Posted to rec.audio.misc
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Looking for a decent headphone between $100 ~ $150

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:41:10 +0000 (UTC), Steve wrote:

In article om,
ChrisCoaster wrote:
-Particularly a set that ISN'T noise canceling. If I want noise
-cancelling it's called a VOLUME CONTROL.
-
-Any suggestions/recommendations welcome.
-
--ChrisCoaster
-

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. Right around $100, comfortable, sound good,
and good passive attenuation (padded, around the ear design)

I've been really disgusted with sennheiser possibly since when they moved
all their manufacturing to china. They now do the same **** that sony does
with running the magnet wire from the drivers through the cable all the way
to the plug. Probably saves them a whole four pennies per set of
headphones. It's a ****ing miracle when such wire lasts a whole 18 months
before breaking at the plug. It might be ok for $6 headphones, but it is
insanity on $100 phones.