Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default 96k comparing to 44k Tracking and mixing,

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:30:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hello again, Has anyone tried. Tracking a song 96k and mixing to a 96k
master.
Then track the same song ( different take) at 44k and mix to 44k
master. No Cd masters involved.
Would I hear much of a difference?

"Different take"? Yeah, I'd hope so. But you're kidding, right?

But assuming that that's not your intended meaning, and keeping
in (my) mind that I strongly believe that reductionism is the
dark untold family secret of modern science, you may want to
tease your question out a little bit further - at least enough
to parse it into several of the well-understood varibles of
frequency response and bit depth.

Until you've exhausted the obvious and well understood and well-
documented-on-this-very-newsgroup-if-you'd-taken-the-trouble-to-
read-the-archives answers, you don't have a good question.

Only questions matter at this stage of the world. A good beginning
question might be "What do I hear in an immediate live A/D/A
comparison?" Start there, then generate some real questions.

All the best fortune,
Chris Hornbeck