Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default "U.S. record stores testing vinyl revival"

wrote in message

I lived with vinyl for over 35 years. I found it to be
anything but human-friendly. There was the LP collection
that was destroyed by mold and humidity in Miami. There
was the one that was destroyed by dust storms in El Paso.

Mold actually ate the vinyl?

Contaminated the grooves in ways that repeated washing could not cure.

Or just the covers?

Those, too.

People enjoy the vinyl
experience, just as some enjoy building speakers and
amplifiers themselves when perfectly good ones may be
bought.

Basically sentimentality.

Some people build cars and motorcycles and
airplanes too, although all those things are purchasable
cheaper off the rack.

But unless they are some great shakes as engineers and
constructors, they spare us claims that they are better
than modern technology. Road courses and stop watches
settle that.

Vintage road racing is the most popular kind. And on
track days Cobra kit cars trounce anything with more
modern tech in most cases.

Surely you jest.

Refusal to acknowledge that fact is just as obtuse as
the writer's inaccurate defense of vinyl superiority,
if not even more so.

Not at all. The so called facts are representative of
only a tiny fraction of all music lovers, as little as
0.3% using the statistics that the writer provided. The
technical errors related to 100% of every LP record and
CD ever made.

It isn't true.

So you're calling the RIAA liars?

Vinyl resellers are doing very well in
every city of any substantial population I know of.

Speaks to your lack of omniscience.

75% of audio DIY is tubes too.

You're just making these numbers up.

Because that reporter probably put fifteen
minutes into that piece whereas thinking and writing
about these things is all you do, Arny.

Delusions of omniscience noted. You have no idea how
much time I put into these posts. In fact it is only a
few minutes or less per post.

Yes but given your volume of posting it's most of your
day.

Nonsense.