Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bill Gross Bill Gross is offline

Default CD on a PC, Alternative to Itunes

On 14 Feb 2011 17:27:11 GMT, jwvm wrote:

On Feb 14, 6:53=A0am, Bill Gross wrote:
snip

Recently upgraded my home computer to Windows 7 with the appropriate
hardware. =A0I have it hooked in with Sonos to my home stereo system. =A0=

have been using Itunes to manage the music from my CD's and LPs but am
really not happy with it. =A0Itunes decides on its own how to treat each
CD, it is just one? =A0Or should it be treated as two with one track on
what it designates as the first CD and all the rest on the second.

I am now looking for something to replace Itunes. =A0I'd like to be able
to use it to manage CD's loaded onto my HD as well as LPs and
downloaded music. =A0I tried J Rivers, but the documentation and support
were terribly lacking. =A0

Are there other options?

The options are too numerous to mention but songbird and especially
mediamonkey come to mind quickly. Here is a link that has some
recommended alternatives to itunes.

http://alternativeto.net/software/itunes/

You can also do a search on download.com. They have lots of reviews
that you use to narrow down the selections.

Excellent, thank you!