Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

Default New amp

Iain Churches wrote:

"Raymond Koonce" wrote in message

Hi RATs,

Here's a link to a project I've had on the bench for a while and got
finished today. I learned quite a bit on this one.

http://www.timebanditaudio.com/47%20Amp/Carmen47.html

It sounds as good as it looks.

Comments, questions?

Hello Raymond.

Congratulations, a beautiful job:-)
I would be interested to know the level of feedback you
finally arrive at, and also the output impedance too.

Do you have any performance figs?

I am just taking my first steps in SET after being
very impressed indeed with a Russian built Resnekov
SET owned by a professional cellist that I know.

Iain

Hello Iain,

Thanks :-) I sure enjoyed building this amp.

I don't have any performance specs except for the output power, about
2.7 WPC in pentode, less in triode. I have no idea how to calculate the
amount of feedback. Tips?

I think you 'll be impressed with a properly built triode amp. I put my
McIntosh amps away after I built my first triode amp, a 45 SE stereo.

Best regards,

Raymond