Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default the are only two kinds of amplifiers

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

Nice is not always the same as accurate. I don't begrudge people likeing
tube amps, only when they say they are better in some technical kind of
way.

Lordy!
That is NOT what we have been saying all along!

Yes it is.

We just say that a number of people appreciate
the way they sound, in general, and that they percieve
that using them results in a presentation more to their
perception of what real, live music, sounds like, to them.

And I've always maintained that prefernce is entirely personal and you
should buy what pleases you. It's when technical claims of superiority are
made that comparisons come into the picture. If someone wants to claim that
soa dn so tube amp is more accurate then that is a tecnical issue that can
be addressed by bias controlled comparisons and measurements.

I've said that I thnk there are 2 kinds of people who spend considerable
sums on audio systems. One kind is devoted to what they think sounds good
and the other kind is devoted to getting the most accurate playback of the
master as possible. The first kind allows for distortion that the second
kind considers sonic dirt.

There's nothing wrong with the first kind of person, they just are not into
HIGH FIDELITY.