Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Bret Ludwig

Default IEEE article "I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very gnawing thing."

Chevdo wrote:

snip

If they wind
up finding out the superior person's real name, they do serious damage to that
person's employment opportunities. All employers should Google new applicants,
and when they Google me, and see all the obscene slander attatched to my
name, they'll inevitably move on to a less controversial applicant.. So far, I
haven't been able to think of a solution to this problem.

Change your name to Jim Smith, or something similar.

Smart con men choose a name that is one of the 50 most common surnames
of British Isles extraction, _excepting_ Smith or Jones, because much
of the population has one of those. Smith stands out as possibly bogus,
but Davis, Thompson, Stewart, etc. etc. doesn't.

Exceptions exist. Polish names are common in Wisconsin, Italian and
Jewish names in New Jersey, Swedish names in Minnesota.

"Doe" is actually a very uncommon surname.