Posted to rec.audio.high-end
rtweed rtweed is offline

Default New DAC well worth a listen

Some Q's for you, if you don't mind, Rob.

1) How much, in US dollars, was the Bushmaster, as delivered to you? Did you
order it directly from Beresford in GB?

Just under 200 UK pounds incl VAT and delivery. Current exchange rate
is about 1.55 USD to the UKP

2) Is this unit, the TC-7530DC, made by TEC in China like Bereford's previous
DACs, the TC-7510 and TC-7520?

Dunno. I do believe it is manufactured to Stanley's designs offshore.

3) What DAC chip(s) does the TC7530 use? I find that most of the IC DAC chips
sound pretty much alike. The exception being the ESS SabreDAC.

4) Does it up-convert 16-bit, 44.1/48 KHz to 24/96? The website doesn't say.

Again dunno - you may find answers at the Art of Sound forum, eg
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ght=bushmaster

Stanley seems to hang out there so you may be able to get answers
straight from the horse's mouth.

And why, oh why do do many DAC manufacturers fail to provide either a light
or a digital display telling the user what actual sample rate the converter
has locked onto?

Dunno, sorry :-)

Rob