Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] billy@MIX.COM is offline

Default GML preamp

Ty Ford writes:

Makes sense and good to know. And as I have discovered from
emailing with Nate, these are the "old" GML designs. The same
model as the four I have and I've been talking about all these
years.

The design is from the 1970s. I've yet to see (hear, heh)
anything better. Not to mention I don't think better is even
possible.

One thing that came up with the advent of digital recording is
the 48 volt inverter George used for phantom power runs at 17kHz
and thus gets recorded. I use Schoeps mics, which are fine at
28v, and power them from the positive supply rail.

Billy Y..
--
sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte
add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer