Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.audio.car,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.misc,alt.autos.lexus
Scott Schuckert Scott Schuckert is offline

Default Replace door speakers in 97 Camry with which brand?

In article .com,
wrote:

I have the Camry XLE, with tweeters near the rear view mirrors.
Do you also have tweeters like these, or not?

No. While I greatly prefer the XLE setup, it does significantly
complicate the use of third-party speakers. What you'd want to do is
purchase a component speaker system, bypass the stock crossover, and
install the new speakers in the factory locations. None of this will be
an exact-fit drop in, so be prepared to do a little drilling and
filing.

Ctutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com) can be a significant help.
Looking briefly at their page, the Infinity Reference 6010cs looks like
a choice, or the JBL GTO607C

In my case, I chose the very bright JBL's (with their reputation as a
"Rock N Roll" speaker) because I wanted to preserve the factory
appearance and would be firing the tweeter at my ankles. You could do
the same to simplify installation (disabling the factory tweeters) but
I'd prefer to see you do it the "right" way.

Good Luck!