Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.audio.car,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.misc,alt.autos.lexus
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Replace door speakers in 97 Camry with which brand?

wrote:

I am responding from the Camry forum and compared to these experts, I'm
a simple guy with a simple opinion but reasonably discriminating
sensibilities.
I put an Alpine HU in an earlier version Camry with stock speakers and
found the sound to be quite excellent at a very reasonable cost, thus
my suggestion would be to simply replace the defective door speaker
with like kind.
If you are dissatisfied with the result - I think not, the Alpine
sounds great through stock speakers - you can then decide whether you
want coaxial or separate setup, whether to add a separate amplifier,
and so on.