Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.audio.car,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.misc,alt.autos.lexus
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Replace door speakers in 97 Camry with which brand?

, 9/16/2006,4:22:56 PM, wrote:

Dear experts,

I have a 97 Camry XLE with the premium sound system.
Six speakers. Two rear. Two in the doors.
Two tweeters near the rear view mirrors.

Unfortunately, the tape and CD self destructed.
so, I changed to the Alpine model CDA-9856 which
allowed me to use my IPOD. Also play MP3s.
It sounds awesome.

Since changing it, I've since discovered that the
front passenger door speaker needs replacing. It
makes huge vibrating noises during certain parts of
songs. I did take off the door panel, and take
it to Tweeter, and they assured me it was the
speaker, not something in the door.

I don't want to also change the rear speakers. I'm
concerned that a new set of speakers for the front
will have a different tonal range, and sound
than the rear.

I believe that the rear speakers are JBLs.

What do you suggest for this car?
Another set of JBLs?

Should I get the four speaker models that also
include tweeters?

Thanks a lot!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-busCR9e...group.asp?g=39
9&cc=01&wm=tn&cm_re_o=fB5EzM*5yBpFwEAN*l5TjN99

or

http://tinyurl.com/zzwzh