Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default 6ohm speakers and DVD player

Mr.T wrote:
"jakdedert" wrote in message
FWIW, the amp module is the cheap, easy part. Building, buying or
otherwise acquiring a suitable power supply is the hard part.

Not to mention a suitable chassis, and all the other associated hardware.
Far easier to buy a cheap S/H amp IMO, and I've built my own before.
Putting new modules into an amp that someone has thrown out rather than fix,
can be a reasonable solution too. You often get a working pre-amp and power
supply included.

MrT.

That's kind of what I've got in mind. I just need a design to match a
couple of +/- 70v power supplies I have on hand. Most chip amps take
+/- 45 or so....

jak