Posted to rec.audio.tech
ansermetniac ansermetniac is offline

Default Nakamichi CR 7a question

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:31:25 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"ansermetniac" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 21:22:11 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"ansermetniac" wrote in message
I have no motion, i.e play fast forward and reverse.. By looking at my
other deck that works , it seems that the white plastic gears are
not engaging. Is that a bad motor, a belt or somethign else

TIA

Who do you recommend to repair this?

Abbedd

I think I've heard of bad lamps causing this...

Mark Z.

Are you trying to be funny?

Abbedd

Definitely not - in addition to motion sensing, they may use lamps as a sort
of fuse involving the front panel functions. In other words if a Play
indicator lamp would go out, the mechanical functions might be inhibited
altogether. I know it sounds stupid, and I'm trying to remember something
another tech told me 15 years ago, so I'm sorry I can't be more specific.
Just wanted to alert you to the possibility.

Mark Z.

Thank you for your help. I was referring to my previous request for
lamps on the Thorens and thought you were making a joke. I should have
realized that audio techies have no sense of humor :-)

I have the service manual for the nak somewhere and will try to find
it

Abbedd