Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Best way to remove mic feedback in post?

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
On the contrary I still find it better/easier to reduce plosives in
waveform
edit, or fixed notch filter/s for any mains hum. Watch clicks or any
other
short sharp spikes are probably easier done in waveform edit too IMO.

The better you can see what you want to remove, the better use you can
make of a spectral editor.

True.

That's the key to using that tool. One nice feature of Spectral Layers is
that if you identify the hum, you can tell it to also process harmonics.
This works better than multiple notches with line buzz that always contains
harmonics.

Yep they usually do, but I can fine tune each notch better with a good notch
filter IME.
YMMV depending on the actual tools. Nice to have options in any case.

Trevor.