Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default OK, now how about cartridges for an RB-250 arm

On May 22, 9:38*am, ScottW wrote:

Most manufacturers only provide the relatively useless low, medium,
high.

"Most" must mean "mid-fi". LoL.

I see no issues getting arm mass specs. Perhaps you should consider,
though, that as Boon pointed out they aren't as important with modern
arms and turntables.

I used the Excel spreadsheet you provided. Using the RB-250's mass of
12 I plugged in various weights and compliances for several catridges.
There were a couple that might be of concern that were in the high 7s
for resonant frequency. These were very heavy high-compliance MC
designs that were over $3500. Every single one of the cartridges that
were between $100 and $600 were fine, which is about the most you'd
expect to be mounted onto a P2. I could not find one that wasn't.
Perhaps you or Bratzi can.

Don't worry, 2pid. I'll not be mounting a cartridge that costs over
seven or eight times what I paid for the turntable/arm. I wouldn't
advise that you put one that's that expensive on your POS Mitsubishi
either. LoL.