Schizoid Man

Default speaker cable burn in.

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
news:CYWOa.18944$ye4.16410@sccrnsc01...
John Deans wrote:
"chris" wrote in message

Hi I though it would be an interesting thread to start.

Burn in of speaker cables, how long for what dielectric. What's your
experiences?

How long does it take to break in your TV antenna?

What about your electric shaver?

What about your lightbulbs?

Burn-in doesn't exist. Any problems you have are either in your
mind or are your ears adjusting to the sound.

I agree.

I ran a group-theoretic metaheauristic to measure sound dispersion after a
considerable break-in period of a couple of integrated amps and found the
measurements inconclusive. Logically, the only component that might actually
need break-in are the speakers - since the cones need some loosening up.

Extending Oberlander's argument - what about cellphones, alarm clocks and
cameras? I have a background in electrical engineering and the idea of a
cable break-in just doesn't seem to make any sense.

A cable's conductive properties depend on its composition. A cable might
sound different after several hundred hours of 'break-in' if it undergoes a
change in its chemical composition.

And I don't think you'll find that passing a current through a copper cable
will significantly change its composition in a few (hundred) hours.