filesiteguy

Talbot wrote:

Jack worked sometimes and refused to work other times.
Audacity clobbered some of my source files.
Ardour would all of a sudden decide I had no direct access to the sound
device and refuse to work.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Linux works great for me.

My Commodore 64 can read email and print letters.

Oh, well, there's your issue. You will probably have a terrible time getting
Linux to run on a C64 - you might try upgrading to at least an Amiga 500.

Seriously, though, I have used Audacity extensively in both Linux and Win2K.
It works great in both environments. I tried out Ardour a few times, seems
to work fine.

You think I'd be using Linux if it didn't work?

Get a ****ing clue!

Of course, I'm not a musician. I imagine you use expensive proprietary
software which handles your MIDI, synth, etc...

I use software that WORKS.
I can easily find FREE software for Windows that works reasonably well.
Not as good as the commercial stuff, but FAR, FAR better than ANYTHING
Linux has to offer.
In fact, I got software with my Soundcard, with my DVD with my CDROM that
worked FAR better than anything Linux has to offer.

Good luck downgrading to windows.

Downgrading?
Hah!
That's your opinion, and an uneducated one at that.

Yes, that's me very educated opinion.

Why not graduate into the real world and understand that while Linux may
do some things well, desktop computing is not one of them.

Seems to work fine, here, bubba.

BTW how can anyone downgrade any lower than from Linux where the
applications simply do not work?

Um, let's think this through a sec - if apps didn't work, would people be
using Linux? No. Like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't use Linux or any OS
if it doesn't work. I used Windows just fine for ten years, until the
******* downgrade XP (NT 5.1) came out. At this point I see Linux as a
better OS than Windows.

It doesn't get any worse than that does it?

Yes, I could be using WinXP, SP2. I spent two hours yesterday removing
****ing spyware and adware from my uncle's machine running XP Pro, SP2.
There were 398 spyware programs running in active memory and 643 adware
instances on the machine.

You tell me which is the lesser OS.

--
kai