Talbot

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:51:10 -0800, filesiteguy wrote:

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:27:56 -0500, Talbot wrote:

I'm a musician with a very limited budget and little time to fool around

Jack worked sometimes and refused to work other times.
Audacity clobbered some of my source files.
Ardour would all of a sudden decide I had no direct access to the sound
device and refuse to work.

Sorry but after a couple of months of that kind of crap, I gave Linux the
boot.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Linux works great for me.

My Commodore 64 can read email and print letters.

Of course, I'm not a musician. I imagine you use expensive proprietary
software which handles your MIDI, synth, etc...

I use software that WORKS.
I can easily find FREE software for Windows that works reasonably well.
Not as good as the commercial stuff, but FAR, FAR better than ANYTHING
Linux has to offer.
In fact, I got software with my Soundcard, with my DVD with my CDROM that
worked FAR better than anything Linux has to offer.

Good luck downgrading to windows.

Downgrading?
Hah!
That's your opinion, and an uneducated one at that.
Why not graduate into the real world and understand that while Linux may
do some things well, desktop computing is not one of them.

BTW how can anyone downgrade any lower than from Linux where the
applications simply do not work?
It doesn't get any worse than that does it?