Posted to rec.audio.tech
isw isw is offline

Default Best RCA jacks, price/performance

isw wrote: "Why do you think that lots of contact area is better? "

Common sense.

When I was managing design engineers, that would never fly as a
justification in a design review.

Higher signal to noise ratio.

I doubt that the SNR difference between those two connectors could be
measured in a real-world situation, and even if there is a difference,
it will be insignificant.

Lower resistance.

How much lower, and can you show why the lower value actually matters?

Why do you young folks always like to challenge long-established
electrical standards & practices?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe it's my 40-plus years of professional engineering
background, much of which was in audio and video, both analog and
digital.

Isaac