Posted to rec.audio.tech
UnsteadyKen[_5_] UnsteadyKen[_5_] is offline

Default Digital TV won't play through RF headphones

In article:

Hypatia Nachshon says...

Is there anything I can hook up to play TV through RF headphones?

All the Sennheiser wireless senders I've looked at online require that
the audio to be transmitted should be input via a 3.5mm stereo mini
jack,
(A google search will show you what they look like.

If your TV does not have a matching 3.5mm headphone output then it will
surely have a digital audio Toslink Optical output.

If it does then you require a suitable Digital to Analog converter
similar to this example:
http://www.amazon.com/PETDTAT-Digita...cal-Converter-
Adapter/dp/B003O509PY

This would connect to the Toslink output on your TV using an optical
cable and then the LR output from the converter would connect to the
Sennheiser wireless sender using a 3.5mm to RCA phono cable like this
example from Ebay Uk: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351117589422

Total cost should be less than 15 Yankee bucks.

Of course if your TV does not have an optical output either then you
are up the proverbial:-(

--
Ken O'Meara

List of UK hi-fi & audio dealers: