Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] hypatia08@gmail.com is offline

Default DVD/VHS combo

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 4:46:16 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Are people abandoning physical playback components
& media that readily, that they just toss it in the street??

So I'm told. Or at garage/yard sales. How can you trust a "physical
playback component" bought at such a place?

I bought a couple of DVD players at thrift shops, but they didn't last.
Somebody gave me one that seemed OK, but after a while it went South too.

Will have to manage to afford a new one if I'm ever to play my discs again.
(My computer DVD player is also hors de combat. It just doesn't "see" the disc. Have tried to fix problem but not techie enough.)

Hypatia

And I know CDs and vinyl(and some cassettes) are
showing up at Goodwills and Salvation Army Stores
by the dumpster-load.

What's going on???