Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] radams2000@gmail.com is offline

Default Microphones

So why don't we completely abandon all electronic effects and processing gear and just insist that all music be performed live with only acoustic instruments? I'm sure some on this thread would be very happy with that state of affairs. But 99.9% of the rest of us would miss the last 60 years of popular music. The guitar player next to me has an astonishing amount of signal processing in his pedal, and has learned to use this power very tastefully and artistically. I just want 3 resistors and a switch. Seems like I should be able to talk about this without people who have never heard me play make all sorts of judgmental statements about my musicianship.

I am strictly an amateur musician, and my day job is designing chips that are likely in the signal path of equipment everyone on this thread uses. I play in bars and restaurants and VFW halls and do it for free. So let's say that you are all correct and that the guitar player is too loud and sometimes I don't play with enough dynamics. So should we bash all those amateurs and substitute string quartets in their place? I must say I am offended by the high-handed snobbish attitude that is evident in these posts. All I asked about was 3 resistors and a switch.

Bob