Posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Does anyone know where to get speaker/subwoofer's foam rings?

Ant wrote:
They are for an old Klipsch ProMedia v2-400 subwoofer with cracked foam
rings from 1999.

Parts Express has generic refoaming kits. It's more than just the surround,
it also includes the glue and so forth. You will have to remove the dust cap,
shim the voice coil so it is perfectly even, glue the new surround into place
and then reattach the dust cap.

It's not terribly difficult. The first few times I used some of the generic
kits from Waldom and Parts Express I was worried about changing the stiffness
of the suspension. However, it appears that most of that stiffness comes from
the spider rather than the surround; you can use a substantially different
surround than the original without affecting the Fs of the driver appreciably.