Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Gorilla snot ?

On 12/01/2017 3:36 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 1/11/2017 2:09 AM, geoff wrote:
Needs to be relatively easily to remove. And this particular stuff
re-gloops together again with mild finger-tip working.

I think I know which goop you're talking about, but I've never seen it
in the application I think you're describing. Is this an idea that you
have, or have you actually seen it in use - and if so, where and how? I
can't quite figure out what you're trying to do, other than to secure a
connector that wasn't designed for the service to which you're putting it.

Used in equipment to additionally reinforce tension-only held connector
types that are in devices potentially subject to vibration. Is designed
to be easily removable, and can be re-joined as previously described.

Not hard stuff like the cement often used to support component like
large electrolytic, not non-corrosive silicone, and not anti-tamper
lacquer.

I have most recently seen it in internal rf coaxial antenna
cables-to-connectors in a Mipro self-powered speaker. Looks like it
comes out of a tube as a globby lump, and firms up without any
significant sagging, and never goes fully hard.

geoff