Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Gorilla snot ?

On 11/01/2017 8:02 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
geoff wrote:
Anybody know a brand, model, or generic type of glue that is sometimes
used to secure audio or RF cable.plugs to pcb-mounted sockets, such as
on Mipro portable PA speakers.

I do have some non-corrosive silicone, but the stuff I am looking for is
nearly clear (slightly yellow-brown) and thick and rubbery/sticky.
Presumably does not take long to get to that state from application,
unlike the silicone I have which takes upwards of 8 hours to cure.

geoff

There are various makes of Room Temperature Vulcanizing silicone.
It's usually two part - matrix and catalyst. That's
different from the stuff that smells like acetic acid and takes
a long time.

The phrase "sometimes used to secure audio or RF cable.plugs to
pcb-mounted sockets." worries me, though.

If it needs to NEVER EVER come off, EVER, then there's always
JB Weld.

Needs to be relatively easily to remove. And this particular stuff
re-gloops together again with mild finger-tip working.

geoff