Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Gorilla snot ?

geoff wrote:
Anybody know a brand, model, or generic type of glue that is sometimes
used to secure audio or RF cable.plugs to pcb-mounted sockets, such as
on Mipro portable PA speakers.

I do have some non-corrosive silicone, but the stuff I am looking for is
nearly clear (slightly yellow-brown) and thick and rubbery/sticky.
Presumably does not take long to get to that state from application,
unlike the silicone I have which takes upwards of 8 hours to cure.

geoff

There are various makes of Room Temperature Vulcanizing silicone.
It's usually two part - matrix and catalyst. That's
different from the stuff that smells like acetic acid and takes
a long time.

The phrase "sometimes used to secure audio or RF cable.plugs to
pcb-mounted sockets." worries me, though.

If it needs to NEVER EVER come off, EVER, then there's always
JB Weld.

--
Les Cargill