Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Default How to install a cd player in a 2000 Hyundai Sonata

Jacquie,

I can't speak for your specific model/year of car, but I have installed
an after market Head Unit into a Hyundai (Accent) before... One thing
I can tell you about that experience was that the entire dashboard was
put together in a VERY strange way. The screws that held everything
together were apparently meant to be unscrewed from INSIDE the dash,
since that's what way the head of the screws faced... If most/all
Hyundais are built the same way - then my best advice would be to spare
yourself and have the people you buy the new deck from install it.
There are a lot of places that install for the "price" of the parts (in
your case [assuming you're not putting anything else new in] I'd say
around $20.00 plus tax).

~Mister.Lull
jacquie wrote:
The stock cd player in my car is dead. I want to install a new
one...any tips, hints, warnings?
Thank you!