Scott Gardner

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:58:45 -0500, "MZ"
wrote:

Well, my home sub has a 12 cubic foot enclosure and is efficient down to
10Hz. I don't like little subs that resonate at 50 to 80 Hz. I'd
rather have a good pair of 6x9 speakers in the rear deck that can go
down to 30Hz smoothly. (Of course a sub sealed over a 4 cubic foot
spare tire well would be sweet.)

I think you need to give 1 footers another chance. I've used nothing but a
single 12" sub (different brands) in a 1cu ft box for the past 7 or 8 years,
and they provide more bass than I even want.

To me, it sounds like he's describing an undersized vented box (poor
low-frequency extension, resonance at 50-80 Hz, etcetera). And, one
cubic foot is smaller than than the ported-box recommendations for
most subwoofers.

I agree with you - I've had a variety of 12" subs in sealed enclosures
around 1-2 cubic feet, and I've never had any lack of bass or
resonance issues.

--
Scott Gardner

"Some people have one of those days. I have one of those lives."